Sunday, January 23, 2011

Log Cabin Chevron workshop

My workshop with the Hamilton Quilters Guild yesterday was great fun.  The workshop was held in a lovely addition to an old church.  It's so nice to teach in such a great facility with natural light.  The quilters all worked hard and took in the lessons on value and colour.  The quilt has a lot of work in it but rewards you with a unique quilt with the quiltmakers' personal stamp on it.



Here is Betty busy at her sewing machine and her blocks and chevron.
The other quilters are hard at work with their blocks.

Thanks for a great day, ladies!  It's always a pleasure to spend a day with the Hamilton Quilters Guild.






One of the great pleasures of being a travelling quilting instructor is the number of friendships made all over the country.  While I was in Hamilton, I stayed with my friends Anita and John of Cotton Mill Threadworks.   John has introduced me to Teff flour.  Our daughter is unable to eat gluten or lactose and the teff flour has no gluten.  It is the closest thing to wheat flour we have ever used and we have had great success converting regular recipes to gluten free ones with the use of this flour.
Since I was there......... I indulged my thread collecting tendencies with the new King Tut thread colours.  King Tut thread is my favourite for machine quilting.
Anita has a very informative newsletter and blog on her website.  If you get the chance, take Anita's thread workshop.  You'll learn more about thread and your sewing machine in one day than you would believe!  I've never met anyone that knows more about thread, needles and stabilizers.

1 comment:

  1. Heather!
    Gotta visit more often and catch up..... you are busy with exciting times!
    Your workshop looks wonderful.. A great way to beat the winter blahs!
    see you to-morrow... I am cught up with the BOM....yeah!!!!!!!
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    maggie

    ReplyDelete