Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt Along

psiquilt.com is having a Postage Stamp Quilt Along.
I'm a big fan of Postage Stamp quilts so this looks like something I will be participating in.   Want to come along?
I'll be posting my progress.  There is a button icon that I can put on my blog as a link but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.  Still learning........
In the meantime, here's a photo of one my postage stamp quilts called "Links to the Past".  This design was based on an antique quilt.  There are 5,219 pieces in this quilt that finishes as a large queen.  Those little squares finish at 1".  Whenever I'm cutting fabric for a quilt I cut any remaining scraps into 1 1/2" squares.  Eventually you have enough to make a quilt.  Usually those squares are made into 9-Patches then I design with those.  WARNING:  Postage Stamp Quilts are addictive!!


2 comments:

  1. Should I or shouldn't I? Should I or shouldn't I? Kind of like picking the petals off a daisy!Mmmmm...something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your postage stamp quilt is amazing. I'm working on a scrappy one myself, but my squares will finish at 1.5". Haven't decided if I'll have sashing or not.

    Cheers,
    Michele
    http://quiltinggallery.com/

    ReplyDelete