Saturday, February 12, 2011

Double Diamond Quilt is done!

No idle hands here!  My Double Diamond quilt is finished.   I used the King Tut thread (colour 914) that I bought from Anita at Cotton Mill Threadworks a few weeks ago.  The thread works so well for machine quilting because it is strong enough not to break in the more dense areas but not so noticeable that it interferes with the design.  When using this thread for machine quilting, I use a size 14 Titanium needle.  The titanium needles are stronger than a regular steel needle so rarely break and they last much longer than a steel needle because they don't dull as quickly.  I use the size 12 titanium needles when piecing with batiks.
Most of the coloured fabric is Kaffe Fassett fabric.

1 comment:

  1. HEATHER........OMGF this is gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see it in person, feel it and generally drool !!
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete