Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keeping up.....

I managed to get the Postage Stamp Quilt Along quilt sewn together.  As you can see, I decided to attach 4" borders out of the white background fabric.  With the addition of these borders the quilt goes from being a lap quilt to a twin bed quilt.  The quilt is marked and ready to be quilted in the next week or so. This quilt will probably be donated to Children's Aid in Sudbury.  A friend of mine is a case worker there and finds good homes for my quilts.
And.....in case that isn't enough to keep me busy.........Karen Cole, long- arm quilter extraordinaire, returned my Irish Courthouse quilt.  The quilting is perfect for the quilt!  The binding is going to take awhile to stitch down but it will look beautiful in on our guest room bed.  I'll be taking this quilt for show and share at the guild meeting tomorrow.

The big snow storm we were told to expect turned out to be nothing more than a little snow and a lot of wind.  Nothing like December's storms.
A few hours later...........I may have to eat my words!!!!! It's snowing like crazy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment