Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Son-In-Law Cookies

Monday morning saw yet another dump of snow in Southwestern Ontario.  Sunday I had been out just in shoes and a lighter weight winter jacket and Monday I couldn't get out of our driveway.  It has certainly been an unusual winter!
Hubby was still away, I had called 5 snow removal numbers from the yellow pages without a response and I had a group of students coming in that night.  What to do?  Son-in-law to the rescue!  The poor guy had just returned from a business trip so I'm sure the last thing he wanted to do was blow out my driveway.
So........wonderful son-in-law and daughter to the rescue cookies had to be made.
I'm sharing the recipe with all of you just in case you find yourselves in similar circumstances.

Son-In-Law Cookies (Double Chocolate Chip Cookies)

1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

- Line 2 cookie tins with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In bowl, beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in vanilla.  In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets.  With fork, flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.  Bake in top third of the oven for 8-9 minutes.  Let cool 5 minutes on sheets then transfer to cookie rack.


Since my daughter can't eat these cookies because they contain dairy and gluten, I've made her the Chocolate Oatmeal Bars on my recipe page exchanging the butter in the recipe for margarine.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These look fabulous and I have all the stuff to make them in the pantry! This will be a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather....
    I bet the cookies were so good....
    What a great SIL.and a great MIL too!
    BTW....
    I am fed up with snow!!!!
    Longing to see daffodils....SOON????
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete