Monday, March 7, 2011

Animal Outreach Quilt

This is the Crazy Cat Quilt that I finished up last week.  The pattern is from the Buggy Barn book "That Crazy Thing We Do".  A few years ago I was teaching the Buggy Barn Club at Quilts and Calicos in Exeter and this was one of the projects in that series.  My original quilt I gave to our vet for taking such good care of our cat named Ben.  It hangs in the waiting room there at the Arva Animal Hospital.
Karen Cole quilted the quilt for me.  Great job Karen!
Animal Outreach London will be getting this quilt to raffle to raise money for their organization.  They provide foster care for cats and other animals and work to get them adopted again.  Animal Outreach has a permanent booth on the second floor at the Western Fair Farmers Market in London that is open every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Tickets will go on sale starting in September and will be drawn just before Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Bangor Maine. I thought of you today while I browsed the fabric at Mardens and thought it would be fun to shop there with you. Love the cat quilt! We are headed to North Conway NH for a few days, a little skiing and retail therapy! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic quilt - cool cats!

    ReplyDelete