Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out and About

Monday found me in Simcoe presenting my trunk show lecture to the Twilight Quilters Guild.  It was so nice to see so many familiar faces in the group.  Thanks for making me feel so welcome and for your enthusiastic response to my lecture.  It really touches me when people take the time to come and speak to me after a lecture.  That way I can connect with people and really see that my presentation had some impact on the group.
I may have my blogger status revoked because I did have my camera with me but forgot to take a picture!
Rather than drive all the way home I stayed with Anita Zobens and her husband, John.  Anita has her thread business Cotton Mill Threadworks.  Many of you will have met Anita and John at various merchant malls.  Anita is having an open house Saturday and Sunday at her home in Dundas this weekend.  It's a good opportunity to see all of the new thread colours and stock up on those titanium needles.
If you've never used titanium needles you are missing out!  I use size 14 for machine quilting and size 12 for piecing especially when I'm working on batiks.  GET SOME - you won't regret it!!




Tuesday afternoon I presented my Tips and Tricks for Quilters lecture to the Hilltop Quilters Guild in Hamilton.  What a great bunch of quilters!  They asked some very astute questions and really paid attention to the information I was giving them.  I've never seen so many notes taken!  Thanks to all of the members for your kind response to the lecture and I will see you another time.  Once again, I forgot to take a picture!!!
The Creative Arts Centre in Ingersoll has an Artist's Studio Tour coming up this Fall so the Oxford Quilters Guild members have been asked to make placemats for the lunch.  Part of the ticket price includes lunch at the church and you get to keep your placemat.  I made 6 last week from a tutorial on Alissa Haight Carlton's website to make the "Lines in the Sand Placemats".  They were fun and fast to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment