Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Packing up!

This afternoon's studio activity is packing for my "Batting.......What's in Your Quilt?" lecture that I will be sharing with the Oxford Quilters Guild for both their evening and morning guilds.
I thought you might be interested in seeing what the process looks like but decided that I just couldn't give you that kind of shock on a Tuesday.  Let's just say that my floor is covered with piles of quilts and boxes at the moment and leave it at that, shall we????

So instead I thought I'd show you a photo of the quilt that I will have in the Teacher's Exhibition at Quilt Ontario '11 at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario  May 25-28.  The quilt is called "Snowgoose" but it's the traditional Spider Web quilt design.  Kristyn McCoy of Melon Patch Quilts did the quilting on this quilt.  Beautiful job Kristyn!!!  It took awhile to get the binding done on this one.

While at Quilt Ontario, I will be teaching my Spiral Bargello quilt.  Unfortunately the Art Quiltlets class has been cancelled due to lack of registration.  It's a shame because the Art Quiltlets class teaches more about design, colour and balance than any other workshop.  You also learn to embellish with beads and found objects and freehand machine quilt.  HOWEVER>>> the conference promises to be a good one with lots of shows and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment