Sunday, April 17, 2011

Can You Believe It????

So.......the date is April 17th...........AND IT'S SNOWING!!!!  Look, I've got proof!
See those white streaks?  That's snow coming down.  I just thought I'd share that with all of you who are busy planting their gardens and sitting on their decks.
On the up side........it makes it good weather for quilting.
I finished up a few of these place mats from the newest issue of McCall's Quilting  - May/June issue.  They were so cute I just couldn't resist making some.  I have some friends that are crazy about golf that would just love these.  Not exactly serious quilting but you need to do the fun stuff every now and again.
The best part is that all of the fabric, thread and batting helped to clear out my stash a bit more.  Almost free, wouldn't you say?  If you're looking for a gift for some golfers, these were fun to make but they did take quite a bit more time that I would have thought.  I painted the numbers on the flags.

On Thursday the 21st I'm teaching my No Fail Binding workshop and my Rotary Cutting Magic workshop at Quilts and Calicos in Exeter.  No more lumpy joins in the binding!  When I'm judging, most people lose marks for their binding so be sure to take a lesson if you're entering quilts to be judged.  There are a couple of spots in both workshops still open.

I have some students interested in taking the Log Cabin Chevron workshop at my home studio.  Drop me an email it that's something you might be interested in as well and we'll try to find a Saturday for this workshop.

1 comment:

  1. OO-la-la
    Sounds interesting Heather
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete