Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lindsay Creative Quilters Guild

I returned yesterday afternoon from Lindsay where I was giving my Trunk Show lecture and presenting the workshop on the Cobblestones quilt.
Lindsay is a beautiful area of rolling hills and lovely farmland.  The town itself seemed quite prosperous with very interesting independently owned shops.
The guild has their meetings in a lovely church downtown.  Thanks to all the guild members who were so attentive during the lecture and were kind enough to take the time to speak with me afterwards.  A special thanks to those who helped fold the quilts with me.  With THREE hockey bags of quilts it takes quite awhile to pack everything back up again!
Here they are showing just how friendly the Lindsay quilters are!  This picture was taken from the stage where I was presenting my lecture.  It's a bit blurry but that's my fault.......the quilters aren't really blurry.


The next day was the workshop held in one of the many other rooms in the church.  Unfortunately I forgot to take any more pictures so I'll just show you a picture of the Cobblestones quilt sample that I made.  The purpose of this workshop is to teach many of the speed cutting and piecing techniques that I've developed over the years.  The quilt is just a happy by-product of those lessons.
There is a brand new quilt shop in town called Appleseed Quiltworks at 19 William St. N.  It has a fantastic inventory of fresh, modern fabrics that I just couldn't resist.  The shop is beautifully laid out and the staff very friendly.  I just tested their website link but it looks like it's not up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment