Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Fireside Log Cabin

Today I'm just finishing sewing down the binding on another Fireside Log Cabin quilt.  This is one of my favourite of the scrap quilts that I teach.  The best part is how much of your stash can be substantially reduced by this quilt!  There are some VERY OLD fabrics in this one.  Pick a palette and start cutting!  This is a quilt that I'll be teaching in Halifax next year so I thought the water palette would be appropriate for the East Coast.

Below is my original version of this quilt so you can see that just by adjusting the palette, you get a completely different feel.  On my "to do" list is a red and yellow version.......we'll see if I manage to get to it before I have to teach it!

2 comments:

  1. beutiful Heather..
    Love this pattern
    xoxo
    (((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the pattern and colours!

    ReplyDelete