Sunday, April 10, 2011

Workshop with Dwayne F. Wanner

Wow!  The Oxford Quilters Guild had Dwayne F. Wanner come and teach a two day workshop on "The Abstract Expressionist Quilt".  We had an amazing two days with Dwayne.  He a is knowledgable and inspirational teacher.  If you get the chance to take this workshop.....do it!
There is quite a daunting supply list and homework assignment before the workshop but it was worth the effort.  The quilts in the workshop were really lovely and all had their own identity.  As soon as I can figure out how to get the photos from my ipad2 to my blog I'll show the student quilts to you.  Mine has a little more work to be done but I was impressed with how far we got in the two days.
Here are some photos of Dwayne's quilts but be sure to go to his website for more.

Way too early tomorrow morning I'm heading out to visit with the Lindsay Creative Quilters.  I'll be presenting my trunk show lecture then the Cobblestones workshop the following day.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.  Cobblestones is one of my favourite workshops to teach so we all should have a lot of fun and a lot of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment