Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lapel Stick

The lovely people at Lapel Stick gave me some glue sticks to try out and review on my blog.
So far I am very pleased with this new glue.
I have used it for both machine and hand applique.   The glue was easy to use and did not gum up my needles at all.  Lapel Stick is non-toxic and non-staining.

 I usually use Fons and Porter's glue stick to glue down the corners of a quilt that I'm turning the binding on.  Before hand stitching the binding to the back of the quilt, I like to glue the corners down so the mitres stay straight and I don't end up with any bulk in the corners.  The few minutes that it takes to glue everything down just makes the process so much easier.  The Lapel Stick worked a little better as the glue is a little firmer so wasn't as messy to use.

The glue was invented to glue down the lapels on golf shirts but the packaging says:
"First Aid for Fashion Emergencies.  A temporary, non staining fabric adhesive to secure shirt collars, hems and most fabrics."  It also says that 30 cents from each sale is donated to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  I like a company with a heart!

The Lapel Stick is available from Cherished Pieces if you're interested in purchasing some.  Cherished Pieces does mail order for those of you not living in this area.

I did take some photos  but for some reason they just don't want to load.

I have 3 Lapel Sticks to give away.  Just leave a comment and I'll do a random draw of three names on Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather.
    Please enter me in the draw for the Lapel Stick.
    Thanks so much.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog and can't wait to meet you at the Conference in London next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please enter me in the draw for the lapel stick. I would love to give it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Heather!
    I'd love to win a lapel stick in your draw as I have 16 binding corners staring at me.
    See you in London next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, Long time no see! I miss being part of your classes. Just finished by Angles and Squares piecing (yes, just this Jan) and it turned out to be the Diamond design. Just starting a Dear Jane ...crazy!

    ReplyDelete