Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quilt Ontario 2011 - The End

Local Organizing Committee Quilt Ontario 2011
Karen accepting her award.
The final event of the Quilt Ontario 2011 Conference was held tonight.  The closing banquet was a great success with a delicious meal, great door prizes and lots of awards and fun.  What I enjoyed most was sitting at a table with the other teachers at this conference.  We are so busy teaching that we rarely get a chance to just sit and talk.  I didn't teach as many workshops as some of the teachers so I wasn't quite as tired.  It helped this year that I could sleep in my own bed each night!
The London Organizing Committee is to be congratulated on a job well done.  The conference was a great success and all of the hours of planning and preparation paid off.



My friend and machine quilter extraordinaire, Karen Cole won an award for her long arm quilting.  Way to go Karen!!


The evening's entertainment was a two-woman folk group called Dala out of Toronto.  They were spectacular!!!  We were lucky to have them come to the banquet.  I have a feeling that they will be playing to sold out theatres before long.  I purchased a CD and can't wait to take some time to enjoy it.  There is a video of them on YouTube with their song entitled "Horses".  Have a look and I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I was.

Dala performing at the banquet.
I have to mention an oversight at the banquet.  The CQA President thanked the LOC, the volunteers, the chef, the sponsors, the donators, but completely forgot about acknowledging the teachers.  I have to admit that we all felt a little snubbed.  Teachers work extremely hard at these conferences often travelling long distances, eating poorly and sleeping less.  One little "thank you" goes a long way.  None of us are divas......I'm just saying...........it would have been a nice thing to do.
Quilt Ontario Teachers. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I hope it was an oversight because teachers deserve a HUGE thank you! These kind of events really are made so much better by the teachers, otherwise it's just a show really.

    ReplyDelete