Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quilts of the Netherlands Show

The Quilts of the Netherlands Show in Ailsa Craig should NOT be missed!
I went back for a second time today so that I could get some good photos of some of the magnificent quilts on display.  These photos don't really do them justice but you'll get the idea of the quality of the quilts in the show.

The Quilt Festival is on until Saturday evening's
Closing Banquet.
  The exhibition is open at the Ailsa Craig Community Centre from 9:30 to 5 Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, until 8 p.m. Thursday,  and until 2 p.m. on Saturday.

For more information visit their website at:

www.ailsacraigquiltfestival.org
There are several merchants at the show with everything you would ever need.

Two booths are Netherlands fabrics and patterns.  The Dutch chintz fabric is stunning!!

I can highly recommend the tea room as well!  Great prices and delicious food.  Lunch is served too and looked great although I didn't partake.

The proceeds of this show go to the community.
The organizers can be very proud of a job well done.  I go to a lot of quilt shows and this is one of the best!







2 comments:

  1. I spent a day there too and was speechless. Then went on to the London show. Again speechless!

    Do you see anywhere where next year's show is announced? I thought it was going to be posted Sat. night. How will they top this year though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!
    I'm still wandering around with your lapel stick. If you email your mailing address to Heather@HeatherStewart.ca I'll pop it into the mail for you.
    I haven't heard yet what next year's quilts will be in Ailsa Craig but I can't wait to hear. They did a spectacular job this year.

    ReplyDelete