Friday, June 17, 2011

Firecracker Quilt

Firecracker Quilt 49" x 61"
All that needs finishing is to stitch down the binding on the Firecracker Quilt I made this week.  There is a new ruler (new to me anyway) out called the "Lazy Angle" ruler made by Creative Grids that I wanted to play with.  The pattern is from Jaybird Quilts designer Julie Herman.  Julie has designed quite a few quilts using this ruler.  Now that I've made this quilt using a pattern I have several other designs floating around in my head.

 It's a very scary place, let me tell you!
Lazy Angle Ruler
The fabrics are mostly Kaffe Fassett from my stash.  I ordered the pattern and the ruler from The Fat Quarter Shop.  They have great service so I had the products in my mailbox within 10 days.  Not bad considering it had to cross the border and go through customs etc.


My daughter's friend is expecting her second baby in the Fall so I'm hoping she has a girl and the Firecracker quilt can be hers.

1 comment: