Sunday, September 4, 2011

Winner's Bouquet Quilt

My queen size "Winner's Bouquet" quilt is finished.  I am very pleased with the colour palette.  The fabrics are all batiks that I collected all over to add to some in my stash.
The pattern is from Atkinson's Designs and sells for $30.00 US.  The pattern includes 3 acrylic templates and the instruction sheet.  I was really impressed how easily the points and curves went together when using the templates.  Because I was using batiks, I could cut 6 fabrics at once using a 45mm rotary cutter.  That really made the cutting fast and still accurate.




The quilting is an over all pattern using taupe thread.  It was long arm quilted by Karen Cole of Dorchester.
I probably won't make another of these so if you'd like to make a deal for the pattern/templates just drop me an email.

The quilting season is starting off with a bang this week.  I'll be running until the first week of December but I'm looking forward to sharing my lectures and workshops with everyone.  This week I'll be at Quilts and Calicos Tuesday night for "Meet the Teacher Night" from 7-9 p.m.  I'm teaching 3 workshops for them this Fall so drop by and see the samples.  I'd be happy to help you with your fabric selections that night too.  If you buy fabric for the workshops on Tuesday night you get a 20% discount!

Thursday night I'll be visiting the Mississauga Quilters Guild to present my lecture entitled "Colour Harmony" at 7:00 p.m.  
I'll be returning to the Mississauga Guild on Saturday for my "Angles and Squares" workshop.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heather. I love your Winner's Bouquet, nice job! Your hexagon quilt looks like a really good stashbuster but I won't be there as we leave for Italy this Friday - 2 weeks of art history in Tuscany, Siena, Florence, and then a week in Rome. Tough, eh? Perhaps I'll be around to do the workshop with little triangles; haven't had a good dose of "Heathering" for some time. Surely you've invented a way to strip piece some of that as I recall that you try not to give us too much fussiness near Christmas time. Ciao! Sandi

    ReplyDelete