Monday, October 17, 2011

Pine Tree Quilters Guild of Muskoka 20th Anniversary

I was away 5 days last week visiting the Pine Tree Quilters in Bracebridge.  Their guild was celebrating their 20th anniversary so invited me to present my Trunk Show Lecture at their gala luncheon and teach two workshops.
The first workshop was Spiral Bargello.  We all met at the community centre in Bracebridge for the one day workshop.  Here are the design walls at the end of the day.  No, you don't make this quilt in a day but it's worth it in the end.  You certainly know everything you need to finish the quilt up at home.  We talked about all kinds of things as it related to making this quilt like cutting techniques, value, colour, ripping out! etc.
Still smiling at the end of the day!






















The next day was the luncheon held at one of the old Muskoka Lodges.  The scenery was lovely, the meal delicious and the people a delight.  I presented my Trunk Show Lecture.  Each person was given a spruce tree sapling and a Muskoka Pewter broach of a pine tree.



The following day we did the Cobblestones workshop.  This is a workshop where I'm able to share all of the time saving sewing and cutting techniques that I've developed over the past many, many years of my quilting career.  We cover things like cascade cutting, strip sewing, ergonomics, railroading, stacking etc.  The quilt itself is very simple but it is just a happy by-product of the lessons to be learned in this workshop.

It was a wonderful event.  The anniversary committee can take a bow for the terrific job they did of organizing everything.
Special thanks to Bruce and Elizabeth for allowing me to stay with them for five days.  They spoiled me rotten!!
I'm busy packing for my teaching trip to Fort McMurray, Alberta.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment