Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lanark and Thousand Island Quilt Guilds

It was a busy week last week with workshops and lectures for two guilds.  Thanks to the Lanark Quilting Guild of Perth and the Thousand Island Quilters Guild of Brockville for inviting me to share lectures and workshops with all of you.
In Perth I was able to stay with Nancy and Joel in their lovely home.  They spoiled me terribly and I loved every minute of it!
I shared my Colour Harmony lecture and Colour for Quilters workshop with the Perth group.  Here they are waving "hello".
A few of the members brought their Cobblestones quilts in for show and tell.  Cobblestones was the workshop that I taught there on my last visit.  Several other members came up to say that they were sorry they couldn't show their quilts but they had been given as gifts.  That's so nice!!

I moved on to Brockville but had an afternoon free before I had to present my trunk show lecture so I played tourist and went to visit the Fulford House in Brockville.  Photography inside the building is not permitted so I just have a photo of the outside of the mansion.  The interior is all original including the furnishings and paintings.  If you ever get the chance to go.........GO!  What a beautiful place.  Our tour guide was wonderful.  Yes, that is snow you see on the ground.

The following day we did the Spiral Bargello workshop.  Here are some of the results of the day.  Nice work ladies!!  The church ladies provided a delicious lunch of homemade soup, buns, eggs salad, salmon salad, pickles, lemon pie and pumpkin pie.  Now that beats my usual lunches by a long shot!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment