Friday, November 11, 2011

Ottawa Valley and Kemptville Quilters Guilds

I am back from working with the Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild and the Kemptville Quilters Guild.
On Saturday I presented the Spiral Bargello workshop to the Ottawa group.  The workshop was held in a vacant store right beside Dragonfly Fabrics.  What a great location!  We could pop next door to get things yet had an entire store for the 16 students to set up their equipment.  Linda, who owns  Dragonfly Fabrics loaned us tables etc.
Here are some photos from that workshop....




I had Sunday off so I had time to visit our son.  We don't see him too often so it was such a great opportunity to catch up and just enjoy spending a day together.
While I was in Ottawa I stayed with my brother-in-law and his family.  It gave me an opportunity to visit while I was working.  My sister-in-law and I took some time Monday morning to explore the market area of downtown Ottawa.  This is a photo of the parliament buildings that I snapped along the way.

Monday night I presented my lecture " Creativitiy.......What is it and where to I get some?".  There were close to 200 people in the audience.  Thanks all of you for participating so well in the lecture.  I must have had 50 people come up and chat with me after the lecture.  It's always so nice when people come up and talk to me after a lecture.  It makes me feel like I was able to really communicate with them.
Nancy came to the lecture with her Spiral Bargello top completed!  Way to go Nancy!!

Tuesday I got up at the crack of dawn and drove down to Kemptville for another Spiral Bargello workshop.  Thanks Marian for arranging everything.
After the workshop ended I drove home.  It took just a little over 6 hours to get back after teaching all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment