Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Challenge Done!

I've been chipping away in the studio making kits, doing handouts etc. etc. for the upcoming teaching season.  Colour for Quilters remains one of my most requested workshops again this year.  I'll be working with the Hamilton Quilters Guild for the next two Saturdays on colour as well as giving my "Tips and Tricks" lecture tonight for them.  They're a great bunch of quilters so I'm looking forward to seeing them again.
I did manage to finish my challenge for my bee in Nova Scotia.  Although I live in Ontario, I belong to the Mahone Bay Quilters Guild in Nova Scotia.  The Nova Scotia guilds have groups within their guilds called bees that meet outside of guild to work together on a project or just get together and work on their own projects.  This is a wonderful system that I wish my home guild would adopt.  When the guild needs a job done, rather than ask for an individual they can ask a bee to do a job.
Anyway.......my bee has issued a challenge to make a 12" square quilt depicting the theme "Birds".  My home guild has a challenge to make a quilt based on a saying like "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." or "Many hands make light work".
Luckily I found a way to make my challenge work for both groups.  If you belong to the Oxford Quilters Guild I'm letting you see my challenge early.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Heather, I love it, and you know why. It looks wonderful.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Heather....LOVE IT!!LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!!!
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete