Sunday, January 15, 2012

Colour for Quilters with the Hamilton Quilters Guild

I spent yesterday with the wonderful quilters of the Hamilton Quilters Guild presenting my workshop called "Colour for Quilters".  We had a great day and they did a wonderful job of completing their exercises with fabric swatches.
We went through all of the colour recipes on the colour wheel, identified the warm and cool colours, worked in values from 1-10, identified  the two most common bases and working with photo palettes.  It was a busy day with 20 students but great fun.
We all left exhausted but having had a good day of sharing and learning.
I'm returning next Saturday to do a second Colour for Quilters class for the guild.  Another 20 brave souls will learn ways of dealing with colour in their quilts.
Thanks to Shirley for keeping the tea coming and holding up quilts for me and Barbara for having everything so very well organized and making me a delicious lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment