Saturday, January 28, 2012

Orange Peel Day

We just finished our last Indian Orange Peel class today.  Students are still plugging away at their units.  This class has so much to offer quilters in terms of learning about colour and value selection, colour dominance, light sources etc. not to mention paper piecing and working with curves.  It's unfortunate that the patterns are almost impossible to get.  Electric Quilt published a disc with all of Karen K. Stone's patterns on them but the finished size is different than the original pattern and the original pattern comes with all of the foundation papers that you need.  I prefer that to printing my own.........just lazy I guess.
Here are a couple of photos from today's workshop to see how the quilts are coming along.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the pattern from? I've been looking around and I can't find them anywhere. I know her book has the Indian Orange Peel but the New York Beauty is nowhere to be found. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete