Friday, January 6, 2012

Orca Bay Quilt DONE!

Let the cheering begin............the quilt top is finished!
As you can see from the photo below I did end up putting in the turquoise inner border instead of the white.  That increased the blue to orange ratio in the quilt that it really needed.  I probably should have pieced that inner border but enough is enough.
There was quite a bit of easing to get the inner border and the outer border to fit but I managed without too much trouble and with the help of Best Press.  Magical stuff that Best Press.
Anyway.....here it is.........TA DA!
The binding is made of black scrappy strips leftover from the quilt top.
Know anyone who desperately needs a turquoise and orange quilt?  I'm teaching colour many, many times this year so maybe I'll use it as a sample there until I find a home for it.
Thanks again for all your comments!

3 comments:

  1. WELL DONE HEATHER..I LOVE the border..
    You have been sewing like a madman or I should say a madwoman! and the results were worth it!!
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! It is just wonderful!!! I think it is one of Bonnie's most striking patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fabulous! I love the colors and am impressed you have it done! I am on clue six...STILL!

    ReplyDelete