Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cherished Pieces Quilt Retreat

I'm back from attending the Cherished Pieces Quilt Shop retreat held at Elmhurst Inn in Ingersoll.
We arrived on Sunday at 1:00 and left on Tuesday at 3:00.
The quilters had the Carriage House for the sewing area with plenty of space, lighting and electricity.  It was very comfortable for all 21 of us.  Here's a photo taken from the upstairs loft.
The food was very good.  It's the first retreat I've been to as a participant rather than a teacher where you have white table linens etc. at every meal with chef prepared food.  The staff was very friendly and professional too.
Here are some photos of my room taken on my iPhone.  Sorry, I didn't make the bed before I took the photos but you get an idea of how lovely the accommodations are.  Word to the wise though, take a quilt along as those duvets are just too hot.  Everyone said the same thing so it wasn't just my hot flashes!


This is the view first thing in the morning from the window in my room.  So peaceful!!

We all managed to get lots of projects finished.  Cynthia, the shop owner, supplied us with a very cute Valentine's Day table topper kit when we arrived.  Later we were all given a fantastic goodie bag with some Best Press, a pincushion kit, pressing sheet, and many other lovely things.  The next day we all were given some batiks and half-square paper to make half square triangles with.  Once the squares were completed, we put them into a basket and drew a name to win all of the completed squares.  The lucky winner was not me but I was okay with that.
Judy's quilt

Maggie's Spider Web.
We all had a wonderful time and are looking forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment