Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hello again!

You've probably been wondering if I fell off the ends of the earth by now.  Nope.......that "sniffle" turned into a very nasty cold that kept me down for awhile.
I have managed to get some quilting done in between naps and Kleenex runs.
The Orca Bay Mystery quilt is now quilted.  I used King Tut thread again with black cotton on the bottom. The pattern is free-motion swirls.  The top is so busy that I really didn't need anything fancy in the quilting. I chose the turquoise/blue variegated thread to bring more blue into the quilt.



The lap quilt that I made at the Cherished Pieces retreat is also quilted.  I used green on the top and yellow on the bottom while quilting a ribbon design.  I like this design on more feminine quilts.  This design can be done using the walking foot so it's a little easier on the body to quilt it.



I cooked my first whole chicken in the crockpot this week.  A great success!!  The recipe and photos are on my recipe section of this blog.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment