Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jester's Diamond workshops in Exeter

Friday and Saturday found me sharing my Jester's Diamond workshop with students at Quilts and Calicos in Exeter.  We had a great two days learning to master the cutting and assembly of 60 degree diamonds.  Two rulers made the job much easier; Creative Grid 8" 60 degree triangle and Fons and Porter's 6 1/2" diamond ruler.  With those two rulers you can make any and all 60 degree quilts.
Here is Friday's group busy making their diamond blocks:

Helen, who was in Friday's group had also made an Orca Bay Mystery Quilt from Bonnie Hunter's (Quiltville) website.  It's amazing how different our quilts look by just changing the colour selection!
Well done, Helen!!

Saturday's group had Mary, Marg, Margaret, Mary-Margaret, Mary Anne and.......Jamie.  We all had a good laugh at the group of people with such similar names.  I once taught a class with 4 Cathy's and 4 Debbie's in it but this was even better, I think.  Anyway..........all the M's and one J worked very hard on their blocks and learned to use the new rulers.  A fun day for everyone.

Marg brought in her Double Diamond quilt from our last workshop together.  Lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Heather. I am working on finishing up my blocks today.
    I had a great time in the workshop. It is a gorgeous Quilt!
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete