Sunday, March 11, 2012

Angles and Square in Elora

It was great to be back with The Grand Quilt Guild in Elora yesterday sharing the Angles and Squares workshop.  Several of the students had been in my workshops at the Wellington County Museum's Summer Arts Workshops so it was a great opportunity to visit with them again.


The variety of fabrics used by the 18 students was truly remarkable.  I suffered from a great deal of "fabric envy" yesterday.  You'd think I was short of fabric or something!!!
Here they are hard at work.



What a shame that I didn't get to stay a little longer.  The Elora and Fergus area is one of my favourite areas for poking into shops and going for walks.  After teaching for the museum for 4 years, I've accumulated a number of spots I like to visit in the area.  I'm going back to this guild in October so maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a little more visiting time.
Thanks to Judy and Doug for putting me up for the night.  Judy did a great job of organizing the workshop.  The Elora Legion was the location for this workshop and it worked out perfectly.  There was good lighting and no electrical problems and liquor on site.  I'm glad to report that no one felt the need to imbibe however.

No comments:

Post a Comment