Sunday, March 25, 2012

Catching Up

Last Friday I had the opportunity to take Anita Zoben's workshop "Applique Buffet" at my home guild in Ingersoll.  Anita is the Superior Thread Educator who's company is Cotton Mill Threadworks.
Anita knows more about thread than anyone you'll ever meet!
The workshop was great fun and I learned some new tidbits that I'll use on an "on the list" project coming up soon.  We were able to try out all of the different kinds of Superior threads, use two different types of stabilizers and much more.
Here are my samples from the workshop.  It was so much fun to sit and play with all the different threads on my new Juki.  You can see that I took several of the decorative stitches out for a trial on these samples.
Anita on the left chatting with some students.
Anita had many, many samples to show technique as well as the threads.  It just made you want to go home and lock yourself in your sewing room!!
Just a few of Anita's beautiful samples.



Saturday found me in with the members of the Mississauga Quilters Guild for my Colour for Quilters workshop.  It was nice to see so many familiar faces!  You'll be happy to know that they all passed the course with flying colours.  Thanks to all that took the workshop.

I'm on the road again tomorrow so I won't be home to do the Tuesday's Tip.  Yes, I know I could do it ahead but I'm just not that organized!!  Have a good week everyone.  I'll be visiting the Rouge Valley Quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment