Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stratford Perth Museum Quilt Show

"THIS is a Quilt!" is a quilt show currently showing at the Stratford Perth Museum that myself and three friends visited yesterday.  The show is very much worth the drive and the museum itself a real treasure.  I have copied the information from their promotional email below.
These two quilts are from the museum's collection.  I just loved the colours and patina of the quilt made of half squares.  It's on my to do list so now I'm on the fabric hunt.  I should be able to slip in a little Stewart tartan too!
These photos were taken with my cell phone with no flash but you get the idea.




Pattern & Passion at the Stratford Perth Museum
More than 40 contemporary, small quilts from SAQA's traveling trunk show "THIS is a Quilt!" are on exhibit at the Stratford Perth Museum.

Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) and its 2,700 members from around the world, are passionate about art quilts.

These extraordinary pieces are complimented by a selection of traditional heritage quilts from the museum's own collection.

February 11-April 14, 2012

Open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm

4275 Huron Road (Hwy. #8)

Stratford, OntarioN5A 6S6

519-393-5311

http://www.stratfordperthmuseum.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment