Sunday, April 15, 2012

And Another Week Flew By!

You can certainly tell that Quilt Season is in full swing!  There are quilt shows and shop hops and workshops galore!
April 26, 27 & 28 is the Piecemakers 2012 Quilt Show in St. Mary's.  Always a great show.
May 1-5 is the Quilts of Denmark in Ailsa Craig.  Not to be missed.
A couple of weeks ago I was once again able to go to our quilters' retreat in St. Clair Michigan to Memories Manor.  They sure now how to put on a retreat!  At the end of the retreat we were all given a packet of postcards with each of the recipes we'd enjoyed during our stay.
Dining Room

Laying out a quilt in the front hall.

Our sewing area
Last week I had the pleasure of teaching my Introduction to Machine Quilting workshop with a group of enthusiastic ladies.  Practice, practice and more practice!!!!

Tomorrow I'm off to Lindsay once again.  I'll be teaching two Colour for Quilters workshops.  I'm looking forward to visiting with these ladies once again and also having an excuse to go to their lovely quilt shop in Lindsay.  The name of the shop is Appleseed Quiltworks.  The shop isn't large but the fabrics are very well chosen and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

One of the joys of living out here in the country is taking advantage of our walking/riding trails.  As often as I can I walk the trail behind our house that follows the creek.  Only the locals know of it and use it as it is private land.  It's so peaceful and I often spot wildlife such as deer, turkeys, muskrats etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment