Sunday, April 29, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Hello again!  This week brought more fun with a visit to the Gwillimbury Quilt Guild near Keswick, Ontario.  I presented the Colour Harmony lecture in the afternoon.  The members were very welcoming and asked some good questions.  When I took these photos I asked them to look as though I had just told them the most amazing colour fact.  What good sports!!!

After spending the night at Patricia and Sean's house (and being spoiled), we had the Colour for Quilters workshop at the community centre.  The community centre is located in the firehall so I had some difficulty getting the ladies' attention when the guys were going through the hallway.  Oh, well.....maybe that was me..........never mind.......  There were 22 quilters in the workshop so it was a very busy day but I'm pleased to say they all worked very hard and it was a pleasure to watch them "get it".

The next day I was off to visit the North Lambton Guild to present my lecture, "Batting.....What's in your Quilt?".  This is a group that I've visited many times over the years and so it was a treat to be back with some familiar faces once again.  Thanks to everyone at the North Lambton Guild for inviting me to visit once again.

Since then I've been trying to catch up at home with answering emails, paperwork etc.
Quilt Canada in Halifax is next month so I've been working on more preparation for that event.  I've ordered new and larger suitcases hoping that I'll be able to get the packing down to 2 suitcases.  Packing four one-day workshops into only two bags plus clothing is a bit tricky!
I'm chipping away at more Colour Studies for my Colour for Stash Quilters workshop.

I'm off to Vittoria this week to share my Tips and Tricks for Quilters lecture and The Bride's Quilt workshop with the wonderful quilters of the Norfolk County Quilt Guild.  They have been busy cutting fabric for this workshop so I can't wait to see the fabrics that they will be working with.
Don't forget to visit the Quilts of Denmark show this week in Ailsa Craig.  The show starts Tuesday, May 1 and wraps up on May 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment