Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trying to Catch Up!

I'm sure you all think I have dropped off the planet.  No, I'm just crazy busy with the teaching these days and loving every minute of it.
I had the pleasure of presenting two Colour for Quilters workshops in Lindsay last week.  The ladies were wonderful and I hope learned a great deal more about colour as it applies to quilting.  We were challenged with the classroom unfortunately.  We were in a gym/stage in the basement of a church.  The windows were all yellow stained glass and the lighting was sodium light.  Not ideal for looking at colours but we managed.
Sharron and her husband John had me stay with them.  The best part is that Sharron has a little quilt shop in the basement and that's where the spare room was.  Yes..........I slept in a quilt shop!!!  Every quilters' dream.
My GPS decided to pack it in on my way to Lindsay.  I really hadn't realized how much I've come to depend on that little device.  It's working now so hopefully I won't have any difficulty finding this week's locations.  The online site had an upgrade that should fix the problem permanently.  Fingers crossed!!!
As you can imagine, I haven't had much studio time but I did manage to get the binding on this quilt.  The quilt is called Kaleidoscope Hexagon Quilt from a pattern with templates by Carolyn Forster. Karen Cole did a great job quilting it for me.

Karen's quilting

Pieced back.
The templates were very accurate and easy to use.  Cutting this out with regular templates would have taken ages to do.  Here's a photo of the pattern and templates in the package.  I bought it at Mary Maxim's in Port Huron, MI. about a year ago.  You can see I didn't do the jagged edges.  I really don't like the look of that and it is really hard on the quilt when it's used.  ALSO binding it would have been a real chore.
I'm off to visit the quilters in Queensville this week and then doing a lecture for the North Lambton Quilters.  On the road again....................  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. It’s actually a nice and useful piece of post. I am glad that you simply shared with us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete