Monday, May 14, 2012

I Must Be Getting Old...

I must be getting old because I believe.......

that underwear should be under what you wear.

that using the f-word in every sentence makes you sound stupid, not cool.

that the word "like" can, like, be so like, overused.

that people should remove their hats while eating in restaurants or at home.

that it's okay to smile at strangers.

that children should be taught to spell and to use cursive writing.

that cell phones should be turned off while in meetings, places of worship, funerals (it happened at my MIL's), in restaurants and (I can't help it, I'm a teacher) in workshops.

that sometimes it's okay to do nothing.

that every person deserves to be heard no matter their age.

that my telephone line is for personal use not to for telemarketers, professional beggars, politicians etc.

that if you say you'll do something, you'll do it..........on time and without complaint.

that being late is incredibly rude.

that forwarding "chain letters", cute sayings etc.  shows that you don't value the recipients' time.

that a cup of tea and a kind word can work wonders.

that sometimes not saying anything speaks volumes.



1 comment: