Sunday, May 13, 2012

In the Studio this Week

This week found me tied to the studio in preparation for Quilt Canada in Halifax.  I'll be heading out to Nova Scotia on May 29th to teach four workshops.  My workshops are quite full so I'm very pleased about that.  The organizers had to cancel 8 teachers because of low registration.  Although the planned activities are great fun I find the reason quilters enjoy this conference so much is just being surrounded by 300 plus creative souls just like ourselves.  The creative and positive energy during the conference is something to be experienced.  I'm looking forward to visiting with old friends and making new ones.  Over the course of 4 days I will be teaching 59 new students.  Each of those individuals has something to bring to the workshop in the form of energy, creativity and their own personal story.  Over the course of my 30 years of teaching I've met some amazing people from all walks of life and backgrounds.  Many have become my very closest friends even though we may not see each other often.

HAVING SAID THAT........ I worked long hours this week to ensure that everything is ready for the conference.  It's a long commute if I've forgotten anything!!  Here's what the studio looks like.

While sorting things out for Quilt Canada I was also getting ready for my gallery show at
Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph.  My hubby and I spent Friday night making hanging rods for the quilts ring to the show.  I could have sworn that all my quilts have hanging sleeves and labels..........they do now!  The quilts will be on display for the month of June and I will be teaching two workshops on June15 and 16 at the shop.  Log Cabin Chevron and Colour for Quilters are the two workshops.  If you are interested in taking one of these workshops, just give them a call.  The classes are filling up quickly.

Paint Chips - Nectarine Juice and Lime Sherbert
Also on this week's "TO-DO" list was my paint chip challenge for my bee in Nova Scotia.  We were given two paint chips and had to create a 12" square piece with the theme "Paint the Town......" or "Painted Ladies" or "House Paint".
Unfortunately, I can't show you the finished piece yet because the big reveal will be in a few weeks while I'm in Nova Scotia.

Message to my bee group...... How is your's coming???  I'm just finishing the binding up today and embellishments today.  Nothing like a deadline to make you produce, eh?  See you all soon!
Fabric Choices


Playing in my thread stash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment