Sunday, May 6, 2012

Norfolk Quilters and the Denmark Show

Another busy week has flown by.......
It was a pleasure once again to visit the Norfolk County Quilters in Vittoria.  Sometimes it's nice to look out into the audience and see familiar faces looking back at you.  I shared the Tips and Tricks for Quilters lecture.
Some of the guild members took me out to Callahan's Restaurant overlooking Lake Erie in Port Dover.  I really enjoyed eating the locally caught yellow perch for dinner there.
Terry and Rick put me up for the night in their lovely home.  Thanks so much!  It's such a treat to spend time with quilters in their homes when I travel.  Terry has a long-arm business she runs from the basement and does lovely work!
Wednesday brought our Bride's Quilt workshop.  We had a very busy day with quilters with a wide range of experience tackling the lovely star quilt.  Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take any pictures!!!
I was able to take in the Quilts of Denmark at the Ailsa Craig Community Centre on Thursday.  What a beautiful show!!  The organizers can certainly take a bow for putting on one of the most perfect quilt show events I've ever attended.  There was a lovely tea room, merchant malls, workshops with the Denmark quilters, door prizes etc. etc.  The volunteers were just amazing!
Here are some of the photos I took with my iPhone.  They aren't the best photos but you'll get the idea.




Next year the Ailsa Craig Quilt Festival will feature Quilts of Israel from May 20 - 25, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather. I must agree, the Quilts of Denmark was a fabulous show. I went with my friend Brenda Miller on Thursday night and we really enjoyed the dinner that they were serving. It was just delicious! It was a great show too with great vendors. Some really unique quilts.
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete