Monday, May 21, 2012

Studio Time at Last!

I had a great visit this week with the Ancaster Quilters Guild.  It was very nice to see so many familiar faces in the audience.  It was also incredibly kind that they allowed me to present my "Tips and Tricks for Quilters" lecture at the beginning of the meeting so I could get home at a reasonable time.  Thank you!!!
My newest tip comes from the quilters in West Guillimbury.  All fusibles whether they are fusible web or fusible interacting etc. should be kept in sealed packages so they don't dry out.  For years I just put them in plastic with a twist tie.  The ladies at the guild showed me a container that you can get at Dollarama that is meant to hold kitchen wrap that is perfect to keep your 12" fusibles in.  It even has a serrated edge to tear off as much as you need.
Instructions and label taped on outside of roll.

I keep the smaller scraps of fusible in a labelled jar.


Among ongoing preparations for next week's Quilt Canada conference I have been able to carve out a little studio time to work on my dog quilt.  I still have a great deal of work before it's ready for quilting but I thought you might like to see my progress so far.  This is a portrait of Tifah, a dog my daughter had and we all fell in love with.
The blown up drawing.

I need to complete the left side.  I'm just working on the nose right now.

THIS is why you need a huge batik stash!

Work in progress and lots to go!
I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend.  The weather here was fantastic so we were able to get lots of outside chores done and had friends over for a BBQ.

Wednesday I'll be heading to Guelph to drop off my quilts for the gallery show held during the month of June.  There is still room in the Log Cabin Chevron class.

No comments:

Post a Comment