Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back From Guelph and other things.....

What a great time we had at Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph last weekend!
Students in the Log Cabin Chevron workshop did a great job learning how to make their blocks "glow" and colour theory as it applies to scrap quilts.


Bonnie signed up for both days and managed to survive........way to go, Bonnie!
Saturday's class was full.  We did the "Colour for Quilters" workshop.
The classroom at Greenwood is in the basement but they've done very well keeping it nice and bright in there.  Everyone did very well in the workshop learning value, bases, neutrals, colours etc. etc.  It's a lot of material to cover in a one day workshop so I try to keep the information very tight.
Christine did a wonderful job of hanging my quilts in the gallery.  It's always to amazing to see all of your work at once.  Usually you look at them one at a time.  There were some very kind comments in the guest book too.  It's always nice when people take the time to leave a message for you.

Today was the first day I've had to work in my "new" studio since before I left for Quilt Canada.  I say my "new" studio as I've moved it into my teaching area so that the old studio can be turned back into the living room and painted etc.  The floors need to be sanded and restrained too as 20 years of creative mess in that room left their mark!!

The weather here in Southwestern Ontario has been incredibly HOT!  Hubby and I have been out first thing in the morning to do our outside work then hiding indoors for the rest of the day.  If you feel the need to weed a garden..........drop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment