Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Canada Day!

I'm one day late in wishing you all a Happy Canada Day.  This weekend's weather has been hot and sunny so the campers and cottagers will have made full use of their long weekend.
Hubby and I have been working very hard to get our house ready to put up for sale.  Load after load has gone to Goodwill and I still have a pile in the garage for an upcoming charity garage sale that was looking for donations.  Twenty years in a home somehow causes you to accumulate way too much stuff.
I have my Grandmother's china, Great-Grandmother's bowls and my own fine china that I really don't want anymore.  Any ideas of what to do with that stuff?  My children aren't interested in it and I don't plan on having a formal dining room in our next house.  Guilt says I should hang onto it but my practical side says "Do you really want to pay to have this moved?"
Among all the packing and cleaning I did find time to finish my "Goodbye Tifah" quilt.  We miss her each and every day.
Shirley, the owner of The Marsh Store quilt shop was kind enough to order in the "Jack and Jenny" fabric from Robert Kaufmann.  I just loved the fabric when I saw it online and it's perfect for the quilt I made for the Donkey Sanctuary's next open house.  If you want some of this fantastic fabric, be sure to get to the shop soon as I know it will be a hot seller.  I might even have to get a bit more myself!!
Here's the quilt I made from the fabric.
Don't you just love the donkeys wearing such stylish boots??????  I'm hoping to get it quilted tomorrow.

Part of all this cleaning and sorting etc. meant that I had to move the studio out of the living room and into the apartment where I've had my teaching studio.  I have supplies in the bedroom of the apartment, the coat closet as well as in the basement and garage.  Oh my!!!  BUT I NEED IT ALL!!!!!
Fabric in the bedroom

Teaching supplies in the front hall closet.

My new studio.  Downsizing.....

2 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you too Heather. Love the Quilt!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day to you as well. Where are you moving to?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete