Monday, September 17, 2012

A Visit to Muskoka

Last week found me once again visiting the Pine Tree Quilt Guild in Bracebridge, Ontario.   It was so nice to be invited back!  This time I presented my "Creativity......what is it and where do I gets some?" lecture at the guild meeting.  The following day we did the "Log Cabin Chevron" quilt workshop at the amazing community centre there.  On Saturday, the guild sold tickets to my "Colour Harmony" lecture.
It was a busy few days!

As you can see from the above photos, Muskoka is lovely and the weather was perfect.
A big "THANK YOU!!!" goes out to Bruce and Elizabeth for hosting me once again.  I was spoiled yet again.......

The Log Cabin workshop was a great success.  The workshop was full at 15 participants who all had great fabric and colour ideas for their quilts.  No two were alike.  I love that as it lets the quilt show the personality of the maker.  Here they are hard at work.  They thought they were coming to find out how to make this quilt but I actually slipped in quite a bit of colour and design theory along the way.  I'm tricky that way!
Saturday's lecture on Colour Harmony was well attended too.  There were a number of people in the audience who had travelled from out of town to come to the lecture.  As usual, I talked and talked about my passion for colour and colour recipes.  So many of the people took the time to come up to see the quilts up close and to talk to me.  It's so nice when people take that time to come up to the front afterwards.

This photo was at the end of the lecture.  I think they were on information overload!

This is Judy who thanked me for coming on behalf of the guild.
Thanks so much to everyone in the Pine Tree Guild.  You are a joy to visit with.

No comments:

Post a Comment