Monday, October 8, 2012

Angel Update

Work continues on my Angel quilt.  This is the progress so far from last week.

I'm very happy with the way the folds of her gown are coming through.  My fabric palette doesn't contain as many fabrics as I'd like but they seem to be working well enough.  It was very difficult to find the grey/green/bronze tones.  Most of the fabrics were very clear greys that wouldn't convey the weathered look that I want for the statue.  I'm leaving the face until the end as I think I'll need to really work to get the innocent facial expression that you see in the original photograph.


This photo shows how much more work there is left to do to complete the quilt.  The process is very time consuming but I'm really enjoying it.  Sort of like doing a jigsaw puzzle!

Work on the new house is coming along much faster than my quilt!  Monday the footings were in and by Friday..........
the foundation was poured!  Next the cement will be poured to form the basement floor.  Hubby and I have been busy choosing cabinets, flooring, windows etc.  What we've found is that you have to pick everything at once in order to have everything coordinate.  So far so good.......

I got two quilts back from being quilted by Karen Cole.
 This one is made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics and will be a gift for a friend's birthday.  The pattern was in an old Quilt Mania magazine, I think.  The photo really doesn't do the quilt justice.
The fabrics for this one were purchased on our trip to Tennessee to go with our living room furniture.  It turns out that the teal one doesn't work all that well with the room but I like the "punch" it gave to the quilt itself.  This is made from the Fire Escape pattern from Atkinson Designs.  A great pattern if you want to make a quilt in a hurry.  It's also perfect for those fabrics that are too beautiful to cut up.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, impressed by the house-building! I finished our stonework last week, a year late for your visit here. Didn't I have to inspect your house plans before you could start building???? (Could you email me, please?)
    Gail

    ReplyDelete