Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone.  I wish you all health and happiness in 2013.
I will try and do more posting in the new year.  Life gets busy and unfortunately, the blog gets lower on the list of priorities.
As promised here are a few photos of our European trip and cruise.
The Roman Coliseum.  One check off the bucket list!

Rome.  The Constantine Arch.

Barcelona

We had a wonderful Christmas.  Both children were home.  Our son visited with us for 10 days which is such a treat as we only see him a few times a year.  His girlfriend came on Boxing Day so we enjoyed visiting with both of them and getting to know her a little better.  She likes quilts so she must be okay......
Mom came from the nursing home to join us for the afternoon of Christmas Day and dinner.  She had a marvellous time even though she didn't really know who we were most of the time.  She knows that we are familiar but she just can't come up with names or connections.  Alzheimer's is a very strange disease that I hope none of us have to experience.  We had Mom help set up a jigsaw puzzle so she was in her glory.  When it was time to take her back, she made the comment that she just had to go through the laundry room door.  When she lived in the granny flat, that was certainly the case, but it was so odd that all of a sudden she knew that.  She didn't put up a fuss when we told her that we needed to take her in the car though.
I've had a bug of some sort the last few days so New Year's Eve was spent with me under a quilt on the couch watching a movie with Hubby.  I'm afraid I was sound asleep at midnight.
The house is coming along and should be finished by the end of February.  That's way ahead of the original date of April 15th.  We'll own two houses longer but at least we can have a controlled move.
We are thrilled with the house and can't wait to make the transition.
The exterior is complete except for the screens on the back porch and the pillars need to be covered.  We are thrilled with the stone and siding combination.  Considering that we had to choose the siding from a 6 inch sample, we did pretty well, I think!


With our vacation, Christmas and company I haven't had much studio time until today.  I made these two tea cozies for some friends from the leftovers of the quilt top I completed in November that is at the quilters.  I hope they like them!
The next two weeks will find me hard at work in the studio working on the Angel quilt and getting ready for my gallery show in March.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures Heather. Hope you feel better soon.
    Happy New Year.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete