Saturday, March 2, 2013

All Moved In........

The most important room is set up.........the studio!  Hubby took this shot with his wide angle lens to get most of the room in the shot.  The sewing room furniture was made by Eddycrest Sewing Furniture by Adam Eddy in Woodstock.  Adam and his Dad carried the two sewing tables and cutting table down the stairs and into the studio.  They set it all up including putting the sewing machines into the cabinets. I had Adam cut a hole into the top of the cabinet to fit both machines instead of his usual method of having a plexiglass top.  I don't intend to get another brand of sewing machine so I think I'm fairly safe.
There is so much storage in these cabinets that I actually have empty drawers.  That probably won't last long but I'm very impressed!
I love the pull out shelves for the cutting surface and ironing pad.  Each drawer comes with removable dividers too.   In the photo above you can see the extension between the two tables so I have lots of surface for machine quilting.

As for the rest of the house, I'll post some more pictures later.  We are unpacked and settled in.
I spent last Monday with the quilters here who meet every Monday at the clubhouse.  They were very welcoming so I look forward to quilting with them often.  They are making charity quilts too so I'm very excited about participating in that.

TOMORROW (SUNDAY) FROM 2-4 P.M. IS THE OPENING OF MY QUILT EXHIBITION AT THE CREATIVE ARTS CENTRE IN INGERSOLL.  PLEASE COME IF YOU CAN.  (THERE WILL BE TREATS!)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! So beautiful and I love the sewing "furniture". Functional and beautiful. All the best for your opening, have a great time. We will be thinking of you.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely studio! Adam Eddy's sewing furniture is fabulous. I've got the cutting table; it was worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete