Sunday, March 17, 2013

Catching Up!

We are feeling quite a bit more settled here in the new house now.  I still feel like I'm on vacation and will have to go home soon though.
My new studio is a treat to work in.  There is room for everything and it is (for now) organized.  Having all of my show quilts done and in the exhibit, I've been able to chip away at some UFO's this week.
I've been playing with the possibilities using the EZ Dresden Plate Ruler.  This is my first, very simple quilt using the ruler.

The fabrics are shot cottons. Some are Oakshott and some are Kaffe Fassett.  Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do the fabric justice.  As you can see, I used the ruler as a template to cut the triangle shapes.  I could cut many fabrics at once by layering the strips of fabric that I cut to the height of the ruler.  The quilt is quilted with Superior's King Tut thread in a variegated navy through turquoise palette.  The back is a turquoise flannel.

The BIG NEWS this week is that I finally, finally, finished the angel quilt.  I was worried about machine quilting this one.  With fingers crossed, I began free motion quilting the quilt with my trusty Juki machine using Superior's Masterpiece thread.  The background is echo quilted at 1/4" intervals.

The quilt was finished a half hour before I had to leave to present my Trunk Show lecture to the Brant Heritage Quilters in St. George, ON.  They were the first to see the completed quilt.  I've decided to name with quilt "Faith".  You may remember from previous posts that this quilt was made using a photo that my husband took of a statue in California last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment