Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Quilt Season Begins!

Summer has passed and the busy Fall season of quilting begins.
My calendar is full of workshops to be shared all over Canada once again this season.
I will be in Ottawa the first weekend of October.  Ottawa will be a great place to celebrate my birthday that weekend as well as having the opportunity to see family outside of work time.

Hubby and I had a wonderful trip in August.  We stayed for 3 days in Amsterdam then boarded a cruise ship to Stavenger and Bergen in Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland and disembarked in Halifax.  My good friend Barb and her husband picked us up in Halifax and we had the most wonderful day of sightseeing before heading home once again.

Here are a few photos of our trip.
Amsterdam




Stavenger, Norway



Reykjavik, Iceland
Nanortalik, Greenland




St. John's, Newfoundland
It was a wonderful trip to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.

Since getting home I've been working like a madwoman in the studio.  My Juki TL-98 wasn't working during the summer because I had worn out the foot control.  There was a problem getting a new one so the machine quilting and finishing on a few things had to be put on hold.  I could still use the F-600 machine but it doesn't machine quilt like the other one.  Once I got the foot control replaced the thread trimmer foot went so that's on order now.  I use my machines much more than the average person so it's no wonder I wear the poor machines out!!  With luck, the new foot controls will allow me a couple of more years on this machine before it's too tired to continue with the hard use.

I managed to finish this beauty this week!!!  Yahoo!!!  After several long months of work....

Please DO NOT PIN



PLEASE DO NOT PIN

The quilt below is called "Fractured".  The pattern is in the the latest book by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession entitled Making Quilts.  The fabrics were all from my stash except the backing.
If you just want to have a fun and easy project, I highly recommend this one.  It was so much fun to make!!


My friend, Shirley quilted the Fractured quilt for me using a perfect thread in oranges, reds and purples.


No comments:

Post a Comment