Sunday, October 27, 2013

Five Star Quilt Guild Quilt Show in Lucknow, Ontario

Hello Quilters!
I spent two lovely days with the members of the Five Star Quilt Guild at their quilt show held in Lucknow.  The guild put on a quilt show with all the right ingredients....quilts, draws, bargain table, merchants mall, tea room and a speaker.....ME!

Friday at 10:30 I presented my Colour Harmony lecture to about 50 people who were attending the quilt show.  Friday afternoon I presented my Tips and Trick for Quilters lecture to about 60 people.  It was hard to get an exact count but this one was crowded!

Saturday I presented the Tips and Tricks again at 10:30 then my Trunk Show at 2:30.  This is a photo of the stage with two of my quilts hanging as a back drop.  I really liked the twinkle lights around the stage so I wouldn't fall off!


I can't say enough about the guild members.  They worked very hard to put on a wonderful show.  The ladies working the kitchen were amazing.  I don't know how many meals they served but on Friday the line up was out the door!

There were 3 merchants at the quilt show with a good variety of fabric, patterns, kits and notions.  They were Threads that Bind from Maxwell, ON, Greigs Fabrics from Lion's Head, ON (no website) and Mothers' Fabric from Wiarton, ON.  Great job ladies!!  I came home with a pattern and some thread.  Did I mention that I have a thread problem?????

Here are some photos from the show.  The quality isn't great as I took the photos with my iPhone.  The iPhone takes good pictures but I can never hold it steady enough.




Congratulations to the members of the Five Star Quilt Guild for such a successful show.  It was a pleasure to come and share the excitement of the show.

I'm in the middle of packing for Nova Scotia.  My two big yellow bags are full and I haven't packed any clothes yet.  I might just end up wearing the same outfit for 14 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment