Friday, May 29, 2015

Progress on The Wolf Project

Hello again.
I forgot to post a photo of the progress on The Wolf Project.
The eyes went on today so that just leaves the snow before I can move onto the machine quilting.  That will be nerve wracking as you can't rip the quilting out or it leaves gigantic holes.  One shot and that's it.  Once the quilting is done, I will paint in the shadows and any corrections.

I'm taking a class with David Taylor next week.  That means I'll be starting another photo-realistic quilt so the Wolves had better get done soon or I'll be working on two at once.  NOOOOOO!!

PLEASE DO NOT PIN - THANKS!
The eyes give the wolves real personality.  
I was so lucky to find the perfect background fabric.  Finding the snow fabrics has not been as easy however.  I don't want it too white but I also don't want it to look like chunks of wolf have fallen on the ground......sorry that's how my brain works.........

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, the wolves are beautiful! I love the intensity of their looks. I am jealous of your opportunity to work with David Taylor ... but also looking forward to seeing what you produce. :-)

    ReplyDelete