Friday, June 26, 2015

Pillowcases for Children Undergoing Cancer Treatment

Hello Quilters,


A couple of posts ago I made a plea for readers to make pillowcases for children undergoing cancer treatment in London, Ontario.  Each child receives a pillowcase to keep when they start treatments.  The wonderful quilters of The Zurich Quilters Guild are heading this up.  They are a small guild and unfortunately, the need is great and never ending.
So far, I haven't received any pillowcases but I'm hoping that you are all busy getting a pillowcase made.
For inspiration, I'm showing you a photo of the pillowcases I finished making up today.

The guild has asked for some Christmas or "Holiday Season" themed fabrics for December.  In my stash of fabric I had some Theresa Kogut fabrics that have been living in my stash far too long.  No longer!  I'm happy to say that some children will really enjoy these fun fabrics in the form of pillowcases and I now have an empty Rubbermaid tub!!

So quilters!!!!...........dig through those stashes and make a pillowcase for these deserving children.  There is a free pillowcase pattern on Connecting Threads website and a video by Missouri Quilt Company on YouTube.

THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Heather! The children will be thrilled! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Heather. I have 25 more packages ready to go for Monday's sewing day. Several of them are Christmas prints.

    ReplyDelete