Friday, November 13, 2015

Hello Again!


Hello Quilters!
What a busy Fall it has been.  Unfortunately, that means I have once again neglected the blog.

Hubby and I enjoyed a 3 week trip to France.  Five days were spent in Paris.  We rented an apartment from the same company that we had the last time we were there.  This one was the set for a comedy though with the apartment shaking every time the Metro (subway) went under the building.  I won't go on but I could write a whole routine on our stay there.  BUT we loved Paris once again.  There is no other city quite like it.  You hear a great deal about surly waiters and unhelpful people but our experience was just the opposite.  Our neighbourhood was friendly, the restaurant and cafe staff very helpful and we even had people stop and ask if we needed directions.  With luck, we will get back to Paris once more some day.
The back of Notre Dame Cathedral


Next we boarded the Scenic river boat to cruise from Paris to Nice for 8 wonderful days.  Each day we toured a different town viewing ancient Roman ruins, mills, churches and so much more.  The scenery was breathtaking!  I can't say enough about how wonderful this riverboat cruise was.  The staff was amazing, the food excellent and the accommodations very nice.



All too soon our vacation ended and I hit the ground running with work teaching and lecturing at various locations across Ontario.
I returned once again to one of my favourite groups in Walkerton.  Thank you quilters for your enthusiasm and warm welcome!
Some of the Angles and Squares quilts from my last visit with the quilters from Walkerton.
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE QUILTERS FROM TEESWATER WHO SURPRISED ME WITH A PRESENTATION OF NINETY (YES 90!) PILLOWCASES FOR THE DESERVING CHILDREN UNDERGOING CANCER TREATMENT IN LONDON.  If you remember, I had asked for donations earlier this year.  I was overwhelmed by your generosity!

The quilters in Walkerton, I should probably say "members of the New Millennium Quilters Guild"
participated in the Colour Studies workshop after having me present my Colour Harmony Lecture the night before.  Here they are with their Colour Study boards.
Great job!

I'll have to catch up with a few of my other visits in another blog.  I hope you are busy with your quilts!

A great quote from Hugh MacLeod of www.gapingvoid.com

"Inspiration precedes the desire to create, not the other way around."





2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you and hubby had such a wonderful vacation ! The pictures are spectacular! Everyone should be so lucky to attend a workshop where you are the Teacher and Friend! 90 pillowcases! Awesome! How wonderful! The kids will be so so very happy, as am I to present them to our warrior to deliver on his next visit to the Hospital for his check up! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete