Friday, December 11, 2015

Pantone Colours of the Year 2016

Hello Quilters!

Pantone, the world's authority on colour has just announce the colours of 2016, Rose Quartz and Serenity Blue.PANTONE PLUS Series Formula Guide - Shop Now
I don't remember them every having two colours but I might be wrong about that.
We will start to see clothing, housewares etc. come in these colours as well as fabric lines.  I have to admit, these are not colours that get me excited and I certainly can't wear them.  Oh well, there's always next year....

So the big news is I HAVE RETIRED FROM TEACHING AND LECTURING.  I'm looking forward to more time in the studio creating show work and just playing.  I love being in the classroom but the travelling and all that goes with it was getting to be a bit much.  Throw in a few health issues and the time was right.

If I find that I really miss teaching, I might teach out of my studio or anywhere that I can sleep in my own bed.  That decision can be made after a good, long break.

A big thank you to all of my students over my 33 years of teaching.  You taught me a great deal about being a teacher and quilt artist.  An even bigger thank you to those groups in Ontario and Nova Scotia that nominated me for Canadian Teacher of the Year 2009.  It was such an honour to accept that award.

I have had a little play time since my last workshop on November 25th.
Over the last couple of years I have been saving up some Cotton and Steel fabrics and finally used them to make this "Octo" quilt.  The paper piecing pattern is by Zen Chic. This quilt is just for me!


A variety of pinks, corals and oranges that were living in my stash went into this sweet little baby quilt.  The backing is the fuzzy minke fabric in a pale grey.


I'm in the process of clearing out quilt samples, workshop supplies etc.  You would be amazed at the amount of stuff that I have accumulated for teaching over the years!! Wish me luck.....







No comments:

Post a Comment